Citi ThankYou Credit Card Rewards and Benefits
Credit cards can offer you many benefits. Of these benefits, the most popular are probably incentive rewards and low interest rates. This card offers you both, with competitive features and a large affiliate store that expands the potential for earning rewards.
When it comes to credit cards, you probably agree that simple is the best way to go. While there are many credit cards on the market that pose flashy offers or complicated reward structures to lure you in, make sure that you aren't distracted from the simple ones that could make reward redemption and saving money easier in the long run. Take the ThankYou Card from Citibank. This card minimizes fees and interest rates to make it easier to understand; but it also maximizes rewards.
Earning Thankyou Rewards
Many credit cards offer some kind of rewards program as incentives for using it instead of cash. Depending on the card, these programs will offer a wide variety of benefits with some focusing on cash rebates and others on travel. The ThankYou card gives you access to all of it as well as one of the simplest earnings schedules you will find.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on standard purchases
- An anniversary bonus of up to 3% every year you keep your account active
- Bonus points for enrolling in online account access
- Bonus points for enrolling in paperless statements
- Bonus points for shopping within the ThankYou Bonus Center, an affiliate shopping network of over 600 participating retailer
It is important that you read the details on earning points as there are a few purchases that may stray from the basic structure.
Redeeming Thankyou Rewards
As it easy as it to earn points, it is also easy to redeem them for a wide range of incentive rewards. Plus, you can begin redeeming your rewards for as little as 100 points. Use your points towards things like:
- Gift cards with participating retailers
- Travel perks with participating hotels and airlines
- Consumer electronics
- Cash rebates
Like many other credit cards currently being offered on the market right now, this one also brings you a set of introductory rates that could save you a great deal of money. While the incentive rewards are probably quite attractive, this is something that will affect your day to day dealings.
- A remarkably low introductory interest rate for 15 months on standard purchases
- A similarly low introductory interest rate for 15 months on balance transfers
- A competitive variable interest rate range thereafter
Other Benefits And Features
Of course, because this is a typical credit card, you can also expect to pay a few fees and service charges. These are designed to make sure that you maintain responsible credit use and to ensure that the issuer of the card is not solely responsible for the processing charges. Most of these fees are standard across the industry, so you should not be surprised to find fees for:
- Foreign purchases (up to 3%)
- Balance transfers (while the introductory rate could be as low as 0% if you qualify there is always a balance transfer fee, which is usually either $5 or 3% of the total transfer, whichever amount is greater)
- Cash advances (either $10 or 5% of the total amount withdrawn, whichever is greater)
Service charges aside, this card does not have an annual fee, which is something that is quite uncommon these days. There other benefits which come along with carrying this card though:
- $0 Fraud liability on all unauthorized charges (simply report questionable charges on your account and you will not be held responsible)
- Online account management (which also carries bonus rewards)
- Online statements
- Faster online payment processing
Applying for this card is also easy, as you can access the application online 24/7. Like most other cards, you simply have to supply them with a few basic pieces of information to get the information started. This includes contact info like:
- Your first and last name
- Your social security number
- Your phone number
- Your e-mail address
It also includes financial information:
- Your annual salary or wages
- Your annual income
- Your monthly mortgage or rent payment
- Information on other financial accounts you might have
You will find it is easy to save money and earn rewards point with this rewards card from Citibank. With a streamlined earnings schedule, no annual fee, and low introductory interest rates for up to 15 months the benefits are undeniable.
Similar Articles and Information Resources:
- American Express PASS Card Review
- LANPASS Visa Signature Card Offers Perks
- Citi Credit Cards vs. Chase Credit Cards
- Choosing the Right Prepaid Credit Cards
- Carnival MasterCard From Barclaycard Makes Seeing The World Easy
For more new articles see our Personal Finance Learning Center section.