Features Of Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
Smart consumers often agree that travel rewards are among the most popular credit card benefits. That is why Citi has partnered with the Hilton hotel chain to bring you the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.
Credit card benefits can be confusing so it is quite nice to discover a credit card that offers a simple benefits package that is not only easy to understand but also very lucrative. Many of these credit cards are usually co-branded, meaning that a bank or other financial institution has teamed up with a particular brand or company to offer exclusive rewards that are attractive to specific consumers.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card, for example, is a practical but generous credit card that has been specifically designed to benefit credit customers who are also Hilton HHonors members. If you are a frequent traveler and appreciate loyalty programs that make it easier to continue traveling, this might be the right card to carry. You will be able to earn rewards with the Hilton hotel chain as well as enjoy saving a bit of money from the competitive interest rates.
The rewards program is one of the first things you will probably examine when considering a new card. If you are a fan of Hilton hotels and a member of their loyalty program, this financial product might be the best credit card for you. Of course, this is due to the generous rewards program that outshines many other generic programs. With this card you will be able to earn Hilton HHonors Reserve points with every purchase as well as bonus points just for using your card:
- Earn 10 bonus points for every $1 charged towards Hilton hotel stays
- Earn 5 bonus points for every $1 charged towards airfare and rental car reservations
- Earn 3 bonus points for every $1 charged towards all other purchases
Indeed, this is quite a generous program when you remember that these are bonus points that you will get in addition to what you would normally earn with your existing Hilton HHonors Reserve rewards points.
While you already understand how lucrative these bonus points can be it might surprise you that this card also lets you earn a couple additional rewards. One of these additional rewards is available when you qualify after initial sign up, but you will also enjoy annual bonuses:
- Sign-up bonus of two weekend night stays (standard room with double occupancy) at select Hilton hotels and resorts in the Hilton Worldwide catalog when you spend $2,500 within the first four months after approval
- Anniversary bonus of one weekend night stay (standard room with double occupancy) at select Hilton hotels and resorts in the Hilton Worldwide catalog when you spend at least $10,000 every calendar year
- This card automatically upgrades your Hilton HHonors status to Gold level but you'll earn an annual upgrade to Diamond level status when you charge at least $40,000 every calendar year
At the end of the day, though, this is still a credit card and that means you are also likely curious about the interest rates and other day-to-day features. Fortunately, these features are also quite attractive:
- Competitive standard purchase interest rate (based on market prime rate and your credit score)
- $0 Liability on all unauthorized charges
- Worldwide acceptance
- Advanced chip-and-Pin technology that enhances global acceptance and security
- Easy online access for account management, statement viewing, and more efficient payment processing
These features will definitely be attractive to people who travel frequently. Whether you venture for business or pleasure these features will certainly give you peace of mind.
Fees And Processing Charges
At the same time, you will also need to remember that every credit card carries some fees. Aside from the annual fee, then, you can expect to pay fees for various kinds of penalties and processing:
- Reasonable annual fee ($95)
- No foreign transaction fee
- Cash advance fee of $10 or 5% whichever is greater
- Balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% whichever is greater
The Hilton HHonors loyalty program is one of the best in the industry and this Reserve credit card from Citi makes the program even more accessible. You'll get impressive access to status upgrades and free nights every year!
Similar Articles and Information Resources:
- New Credit Card Act 2010
- Citi Simplicity Card Keeps Credit Simple
- What The 1-2-3 Rewards Visa Is All About
- Banks, Credit Cards and National Disasters
- You Get More with The Slate MasterCard from Chase
For more new articles see our Personal Finance Learning Center section.