The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card is one of the latest credit cards to bring together the convenience of credit and benefit rewards from a renowned hotel chain.
Credit cards are common enough in today’s world that you don’t even need to use them to know what kinds of benefits they can provide. This is especially true of cards with travel rewards, like the brand new Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card. This card is new to the scene, but offers many benefits that are extremely competitive when compared to other cards that are popular in today’s market.
The basic benefits, then, are quite simple. For the – albeit significant – $95 annual fee, this card provides all kinds of perks, privileges, and other rewards that will definitely benefit consumers who travel often. To break down the benefits, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card offer:
- 5 points for every $1 you charge towards airline and rental car reservations
- 10 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 you charge towards reservations made within the Hilton family of hotels (that’s a bonus, which means they are in addition to the base earnings)
- A base of 3 points for every $1 you charge on all other unrelated purchases
- You can also get a certificate valid towards two weekend-overnight stays once you reach $2,500 in charges in the first four months.
- Another annual bonus worth one weekend-overnight stay is available for those who charge at least $10,000 in one calendar year
Obviously, points can be redeemed towards all kinds of rewards, especially those related to travel:
- Plane tickets
- Rental car reservations
- Hotel room bookings
One of the qualms some people have about travel-rewards-based credit cards is that they often do not work internationally. The reason for this has to do with programming: International cards use microprocessor chips that accomplish Near-Field Communication processing, whereas American credit cards, for the most part, still utilize the magnetic strip.
This will be of no concern with the Citi HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card because Citi has added the chip to this American card, which makes it easy to use anywhere in the world. Similarly, Citi has also waived the traditional foreign transaction fee (which usually rings in around 2-3% of the price of the transaction), the other complaint frequent travelers have.
In addition to this very simple adjustment, though, Citi and Hilton have also developed a host of other perks to be included with the Citi HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card. This includes all kinds of the things that make it easier for worldly travelers:
- Free wi-fi
- Free room upgrades (when available)
- Access to Hilton Executive lounges all over the world
- Complimentary food and beverages
- Access to Visa Signature Concierge no matter you are in the world
- Exclusive, privileged access to special events, dining establishments, and other specialties through Citi Private Pass
For many international travelers, these privileges alone more than compensate for the annual fee. In particular, though, the lack of a foreign transaction fee could result in savings that are significantly higher than the annual fee and the convenience of executive lounges and free wi-fi definitely make this card worth carrying.
Finally, be sure to remember that you will receive the maximum Citi Honors Reserve Visa Signature Credit Card benefits when you use it at participating hotels within the HHonors affiliate program. This includes:
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Grand Vacations
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Home 2 Suites by Hilton
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts
- Embassy Suites
- Hampton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Similar Personal Finance News
- New Citi Facebook App Lets Friends Earn Rewards
- Reward Credit Cards And Consumer Gripes
- Eastern Bank Card Customization
- Discover Top Annual Brand Loyalty Poll
- Credit Unions Next Major Lenders To Be
- More Protected Credit Cards In 2013
- Credit Card Reform and Mitt Romney