The partnership between Citi and Hilton yields a credit card that could offer some incredible perks for heavy travelers with not only hotel and airfare benefits but also safe, secure, and convenient EMV smart chip technology.
Frequent Flyer miles are among the most popular (and oldest) forms of credit card perks. Over time these benefits have expanded to include other kinds of travel benefits so that credit card carriers can earn points that can be applied to not only airfare but also hotel stays and more. This format has become the basis for just about all other credit card rewards packages and Citi and Hilton have recently released a new card that continues to offer competitive benefits like this.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Card gives cardholders access to global purchasing power with a card that is equipped with an EMV smart chip. This little piece of technology gives the card holder access to international marketplaces that not many other cards can match. This makes the new card ideal for international travelers who rely on their card (and have realized that the magnetic strip component is no longer the norm in many countries outside of North America, in favor of the various new forms of Chip-&-Pin combinations).
This card, then, offers several of the best perks you will find on the market today. This includes a modest annual fee and an equally modest variable annual percentage rate. In addition, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Visa Signature Card holders will also enjoy the ability to earn:
- 10 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 charged towards Hilton Worldwide hotel reservations
- 5 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 charged towards airline and auto rental reservations
- 3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 charged towards all other eligible transactions
- HHonors Gold Status benefits
Also, cardholders will enjoy:
- No foreign transaction fees
- 2 weekend night certificates (valid towards Hilton Worldwide hotel reservations) when satisfying certain spending conditions
- Easy international travel thanks to Citi chip credit card convenience
- A 1 weekend night anniversary bonus valid with select hotels and resorts within the Hilton Worldwide network with qualifying conditions
According to Ralph Andretta, the head of co-brands and loyalty for Citi cards,
Our customers want a frictionless experience using their card anywhere in the world, and the new Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card benefits like ship and global acceptance put ease into your travel experience wherever you stay and pay.
Indeed this is exactly what you get with this new product. He continues,
Hilton HHonors Reserve cardmembers will enjoy more ways to earn complimentary nights at thousands of properties in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio—and weekend night stay certificates that can be worth hundreds of dollars.
Senior Vice President of Global Customer Marketing for Hilton Worldwide, Jeff Diskin, agrees, stating that that Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve credit card “continues to offer its members new ways to turn everyday purchases into extraordinary adventures, bringing them one step closer to their next vacation.”
He goes on to say that the goal at Hilton is to
make traveling easier so our members can focus on more important things…
These “important things” pertain to creating more fulfilling memories with the people that matter most.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve credit card requires excellent credit for approval. This fact, and the benefits this card offers, classifies it as an elite level card, offering bonus points for purchases. It is important to note, though, that the benefits may not be best for some consumers who prefer a card with more points and no annual fee. Consumers who prefer this might want to consider the standard Citi Hilton card or the Reserve Card.
Similar Personal Finance News
- New Citi Facebook App Lets Friends Earn Rewards
- Consumers Not Interested in Mobile Banking
- Reward Credit Cards And Consumer Gripes
- Credit Unions Next Major Lenders To Be
- Chase To Pay $20 Million In Payment Protection Settlements
- JPMorgan Continues Expansion
- Overwhelming Financial Truths: How They Affect Everything