Citi Platinum Select Visa Signature Card Travel Benefits
If you travel all the time - whether for business or with your family - this new Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature credit card could make things a little easier, especially if you fly with American Airlines. With mileage bonuses and other exclusive features you'll never take to the sky without it.
Travel-based reward credit cards are very common these days so it is definitely a big plus when you can find one that offers you exclusive benefits that you will not find anywhere else. This is certainly why many people turn to the new Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature credit card. This card offers features and benefits that American Airlines travelers will easily appreciate as well as a handful of common features that all credit card carries can enjoy, at a decent annual fee (which is actually waived for the first year).
Air Miles Rewards
Obviously, you are going to want to know what the specific rewards are for carrying and using this card. First of all, in terms of travel rewards, this card gives you:
- As much as 30,000 bonus miles with your first qualifying purchases (within the first 3 months of opening your account)
- Earn double AAdvantage miles when you use your card towards American Airlines reservations and single mile points on all other purchases
- No blackout dates on award travel with American Airlines, American Eagle, and the AmericanConnection passenger flight carriers
- No expiration and no cap on miles
- Earn a percentage of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back at the end of each calendar year (as much as 10,000 AAdvantage miles at a 10% rebate)
Other Travel Rewards
Along with incomparable miles benefits, you will also enjoy many additional travel benefits that will make your travels easier. These include:
- Free checked baggage for you and up to four companions
- Priority boarding aboard American Airlines flights
- Earn up to $100 in discounts every year you qualify (some conditions apply)
- Up to 25% in savings on flight purchases (conditions apply)
This card can offer you even more than these amazing travel rewards. This includes a very long list of consumer services and insurance policies that will definitely turn some heads. In terms of personal services, you will appreciate:
- Personal Concierge Service that will help you find a nearby hotel, make reservations, book flights, and more
- Discounts from Hertz rental car services
- Automatic warranty extension that doubles the original manufacturer's U.S. warranty for up to one year
- Travel and Emergency assistance that provides additional help with medical and legal referrals as you travel through the U.S. and abroad
The insurance coverage policies include:
- Price Protection which offers an eligible refund within 60 days of purchase
- Retail Purchase Protection provide eligible coverage against fire, theft, and damage for up to 90 days after purchase
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Coverage should an unexpected emergency change your interfere with your travel plans
- Lost Luggage coverage provides you with some money to replace necessary items and toiletries in the event that your luggage is lost
- Automatic travel accident insurance
- Auto rental insurance that pays for covered damages to rental vehicles reserved with your card
- Citi Photocard provides added security by putting your picture on your card for more accurate identification
Finally, there are a few more services that you might want to know about. These services are optional but they can provide you with extra benefits that could help you out should you need them. This includes, first of all, PaymentAid which protects your account from unexpected loss of income. If your income is reduced, under no fault of your own, the Minimum Payment Due is recovered from the policy to help pay your bill until you can get things back on track. Similarly, Citi IdentityMonitor can help monitor your account for the threat of identity theft. This policy also gives you access to your credit report and credit score so you can keep track of your credit as well.
Fans of American Airlines will appreciate the rewards you can get by using this Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature credit card. With benefits exclusive to this airline as well as affiliated partners, you'll find it much easier to travel, regardless of the reason or the destination.
Similar Articles and Information Resources:
- Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business Card Review
- ThankYou Rewards Credit Cards from CitiBank
- Tronix Country Shopping Card Offer Review
- New Credit Card Act 2010
- Credit Cards for Bad Credit Holders
For more new articles see our Personal Finance Learning Center section.